Piranha Mobile believes in giving all of our customers the very best possible call rates, and in order to do so Piranha has produced the ultimate Roaming SIM Card. Select an option from below to read more about each function and what it can do for you.
1. The Piranha Mobile SIM Card has very low outgoing call rates. Calls start from £0.08 per minute with VoIP calls starting from as little as £0.01 per minute. In order to keep these outgoing costs low Piranha has introduced very competitive incoming call costs. Any incoming call cost which you may find high will have an IOT attached. IOT stands for Inter Operator Tariff and is only charged by certain Mobile Network Operators in certain countries, unfortunately this is an unavoidable charge and a charge which Piranha will pass onto the user at cost price. The only way to avoid these costs and guarantee 100% free global roaming is when using the VoIP application, the call off-load or the call forwarding services. Please be aware when calling premium rate numbers, (i.e. mainly non Mobile Network Operators, who use high termination rate numbers) these will be charged substantially higher than the advertised rate.
2. Call Off-Load. This service introduced by Piranha is the landline or mobile call-back (also known as Call Off-Load). The idea which prompted this feature is the fact that traditional call-back can be expensive in some countries where inter operator termination (IOT) costs apply, so instead of getting called back on the Piranha SIM, Piranha allows customers to be called back on a local landline or mobile. For example, a customer in the UK who would want to call the USA, is now able to request a call-back to their direct line in the UK, Piranha then connects the call to the intended destination in the USA. The call is triggered using the users Piranha SIM, and is billed to the customer's Piranha mobile account.
3. Call-Forwarding. Piranhas call forwarding service uses advanced technology in order to optimize the cost of call forwarding. Like most GSM networks, Piranhas unconditional call forwarding (CFU) or on no response (CNFR), is charged to the user at the regular cost to terminate the call to the forwarded destination, but unlike most cellular or roaming SIM providers, Piranhas call forwarding does not charge the cost of a standard roaming incoming call, instead you only pay the termination cost. You can call forward any of your Piranha Mobile numbers.
Note: All calls are billed per minute from first connection, i.e. from the time the call-back is answered and accepted by the user. No charge for unanswered calls when using VoIP or Direct Dial. If the mobile network your SIM card is roaming on cannot send us the call-back in the normal way, it will, very rarely be sent to us by 'SMS protocol'. (This does not affect how you make or receive your calls). When this happens Piranha are charged extra to receive the call, if this happens the user will be charged an additional one off connection fee of £0.20. Unfortunately, how the call is controlled by the roaming mobile network operator is out of our control.
Real Time Billing:
Piranha Mobile uses a real time billing platform, accessed via your on-line account or by the "My Piranha Application". The billing platform tells the user what, when and where, i.e. what type of call or text, when the call or text was made or received and which country the call or text was made from or received in, and how much data has been used. You can also Top-Up your account, enable-disable Voicemail or block your SIM, meaning no one will be able to use the lost or stolen SIM card.
Note: All billing information is set in GBP.
Piranha Mobile uses a global voicemail service. You are alerted by SMS to your handset. Collect your Voicemail by dialling 605 from your handset, there will be a cost when using this service, costs are dependent on which country you are roaming in, check rate calculator for costs (FREE if used via the Piranha VoIP Application) or you can use the FREE web-based visual voicemail interface, you can check your voicemail from any computer with Internet connection via your online account..
Data is available in over 150 countries with prices starting from as little as £0.05 per MB. Data is billed in 50kb increments and has no monthly subscription fee. Data costs will be taken directly from your user account.
5 MB of Data gives you approximately: 250 mobile-friendly web pages or 150 e-mails (without attachments) or 20 e-mails (with attachments) or up to 30 minutes of web browsing on a laptop.
Note: Do not forget to switch off "Data Roaming" when not in use.
Calls via a VoIP client start from as little as £0.01 per minute and it’s always FREE to receive calls, no matter who is calling you. Smart VoIP knows all your Piranha numbers, allowing you to make and receive calls without the need to switch SIMs or numbers.
The VoIP application is available for all Smartphones with Wi-Fi capabilities. It is also available for other types of devices i.e. iPads, iPods, Tablets and Desktop PC, but only when used with suitable third party Softphones. This service can be used with or without the SIM.
We recommended you use the ZoiPer VoIP app that already has our Piranha settings pre configured, all you have to do is to enter your username and password that can be retrieved from your Online SIM Accounts.
Note: The quality of your calls over the Wi-Fi calling service is dependent on the quality of your Wi-Fi Internet connection. For instance, if you are using a hotel Wi-Fi network shared by many others, or a Wi-Fi network in a faraway country with limited bandwidth, there can be quality issues. However you can always temporarily turn off the Wi-Fi connectivity on your handset and your calls will again be routed over GSM, in which case normal mobile rates will apply.
The Piranha Mobile SIM Card comes with one US mobile number and one UK mobile number. The first 2 numbers are FREE (no service charge) and are set to the US primary number for outgoing calls-SMS. Extra US, UK, Canadian, Polish, South African, Spanish, Swedish or Australian mobile numbers can be added on request. All extra numbers carry a monthly charge.
Why not make it cheap for your friends, family and business associates to call you. Purchase a local geographical number and we will forward it to your SIM, FREE of charge. This will enable your family, friends and business associates to call you for the price of a local call when you are traveling overseas, and they will find that all local numbers provided do come within the contacted bundled minutes of both mobile and landline operators (originating country only), quotation on request.
How it works:
- Contact us for a quotation and we will check if we have local numbers in your requested Country.
- Piranha will then provide to you a geographical local phone number which will be attached to your SIM, you can then receive calls via your SIM or Piranha VoIP application. Calls received via the Piranha VoIP application are FREE.
Note: Making a call: Standard advertised rates apply.
Customers can register their device to their Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/device and interact with Twitter through the short code 40404. Messages sent to Twitter from a Piranha SIM are charged at the normal outgoing SMS rate for the country in which the user is located, while incoming messages are FREE
SMS (Short Message Service):
Piranha SMS uses two options,
- Via your handset, standard rates apply.
- Free when sent via web based portal (Piranha numbers only).
Sending an SMS starts from as little as £0.08 per message and has a maximum send of 150 characters per message. Any SMS over 150 characters will be charged as two or more messages. Always use the full country code followed by the recipient’s number. See "User Guide" for details.
There is no guarantee that your message will be delivered to the subscriber, as this depends on transmissions between third party mobile carriers in foreign countries over which we have no control.
Note: Receiving SMS is always FREE of charge.